File for Free with My Free Taxes

File your taxes for free with My Free Taxes, an online tax preparation service provided by United Way and HR Block. To start filing, go to the My Free Taxes website, opens a new window and click get started. Then click the option to file your taxes for free. If your income is less than $66,000, then you should be able to file for free. My Free Taxes will be available for use starting Jan. 28th. Make more than $66,000? Then you can file for free with the IRS, opens a new window! Free filing with the IRS is available starting Jan. 27th.

And don't forget: the library will provide free tax forms for individuals starting mid-February. These forms are provided by the IRS. For more information about filing tax forms, check out the research page's, opens a new window tax season section. 

We welcome your respectful and on-topic comments and questions in this limited public forum. To find out more, please see Appropriate Use When Posting Content. Community-contributed content represents the views of the user, not those of St. Tammany Parish Library