The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) prohibits children under the age of 13 from entering data into free text fields without parental permission. For this reason, children under 13 are given a special username to denote that the account is for a child. Parents can grant permission for their child to enter reviews.comments and notes.*
1. To begin, click on the Log In buttons in the upper right corner of this page.
2. Enter the barcode on the back of your library card and password in the Log In box.
3. On the welcome screen, click Continue to Account Setup.
4. Confirm your email address and birthday are correct and click Continue.
5. Select a color and an animal from the drop down menu. Review the terms & conditions before clicking to accept.
7. Click continue for confirmation of your username.
Congratulations! The child's account has been created!
*If a parent would like to allow a child to create reviews, ratings and notes, visit stpl.bibliocommons.com while the child is logged in and click yes.
Parents can grant permission by entering their account login information.