In honor of national computer learning month, we'd like to share a few of our favorite resources for learning new tech skills.
- Learning Express 3.0 -- The library subscribes to Learning Express 3.0, a learning platform that provides tech courses covering topics like computer basics, and software tutorials for Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite. This resource is free with your library card. To get started, just click here!
- GCFLearnFree.Org -- This website provides online computer basics tutorials for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Need a tutorial on Microsoft Office products? GCFLearnFree.Org has that too, as well as online safety information, email basics tutorials, and courses for tablets and mobile devices. All of this content is free!
- Code Academy -- Want to learn how to code? Code Academy provides free tutorials online. All you have to do is sign up for an account to get started.
- St. Tammany Computer Association -- St. Tammany has a computer association in Slidell. While you do have to pay for a membership, the classes are taught by a live instructor several times a month and include courses for beginners as well as one-on-one help.
- Youtube -- Want to learn a specific skill, like how to embed a video into a slide presentation? Youtube is a great resource for finding video tutorials to answer specific questions.
Of course, our favorite resource would be our research librarians who are available to help you with your tech questions! Research librarians are available Mondays to Thursdays from 9-6 p.m., and on Fridays and Saturdays from 9-5 p.m. Make an appointment with a research librarian or call your nearest branch with a reference librarian available.
Have a happy computer learning month!