St. Tammany Parish Library offers proctoring as a public service for St. Tammany Parish residents who are distance learning students. Qualifying students must be enrolled in a university or community college that does not have a proctoring facility within St. Tammany Parish or the New Orleans metropolitan area.
Appointments for proctoring exams are scheduled Monday through Saturday between 9 and 6 through an in-person appointment or virtual Zoom Meeting. Students who schedule proctoring on Fridays, Saturdays, and evenings assume the risk that if any problems occur with their test, they may not be able to contact anyone at their school for help. There is no charge for the proctoring.
It is the student’s responsibility to:
- contact us as early as possible each semester to schedule appointments
- make an appointment one week in advance for each proctoring appointment
- have contact numbers for their institution and teacher in case technical or other issues come up with their test
- coordinate with teachers for delivery of the exam
- notify the proctoring librarian as soon as possible if the student cannot keep a scheduled proctoring appointment
- get access to a computer with working audio/speakers, microphone, and webcam in order to be proctored in a virtual meeting
Virtual proctoring services are made available through librarians at the Causeway, Covington, Madisonville, Mandeville, and Slidell branch libraries. In-person appointments are available through the Causeway, Madisonville, and Slidell branch libraries. The professional librarians who perform this service are listed below. Contact information should be forwarded to the course instructor or university representative.
One of the librarians will be assigned to proctor the student’s exam. The exam can be no longer than 3 hours. We are not able to guarantee in advance that one particular librarian will be available at a student’s appointment time. To set up an appointment, call or email your closest library branch listed below or visit https://www.sttammanylibrary.org/book-a-reference-librarian/.
Causeway Branch: 3457 Highway 190, Mandeville, LA 70471. 985-626-9779. Amanda, MLIS, email@example.com.
Covington Branch: 310 W. 21st Avenue, Covington, LA 70433. 985-893-6280. Germaine, MLIS, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Madisonville Branch: 1123 Main St., Madisonville, LA 70447. 985-845-4819. Jane, MLIS, email@example.com.
Mandeville Branch: 844 Girod St., Mandeville, LA 70448. 985-626-4293.
Slidell Branch: 555 Robert Blvd., Slidell, LA 70458. 985-646-6470. Sarah, MLIS, firstname.lastname@example.org.