EBSCO's comprehensive collection of more than 450,000 full text biographies, including the complete full text run of Biography Today and Biography Magazine, as well as thousands of narrative biographies that are not available in other databases.
Hundreds of full color and black and white non-fiction downloadable e-books for ages preschool to 18.
Over 550 reference e-books covering a wide variety of subjects.
Dictionary of Literary Biography Complete Online provides more than 16,000 biographical and critical essays on the lives, works, and careers of the world's most influential literary figures from all eras and genres. Comprised of the award-winning Dictionary of Literary Biography series, which over its 30-year history has been dedicated to making literature and its creators better understood and more accessible to students and interested readers, DLB Complete Online includes the DLB main series, the DLB Documentary Series, and the DLB Yearbook Series - all delivered in an easy-to-use 24/7 online format that matches the exact look and feel of the print originals.
EBSCOhost offers a variety of proprietary full text databases and popular databases from leading information providers:
- Academic Search Complete, opens a new window
- AHFS Consumer Medication Information, opens a new window
- Alt HealthWatch, opens a new window
- Audiobook Collection (EBSCOhost), opens a new window
- BIR Entertainment, opens a new window
- Book Collection: Nonfiction, opens a new window
- Book Index With Reviews, opens a new window
- Business Source Complete, opens a new window
- CINAHL, opens a new window
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost), opens a new window
- ERIC, opens a new window
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, opens a new window
- GreenFILE, opens a new window
- Health Source - Consumer Edition, opens a new window
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, opens a new window
- History Reference Center, opens a new window
- Humanities International Complete, opens a new window
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts, opens a new window
- MAS Ultra - School Edition, opens a new window
- MasterFILE Premier, opens a new window
- MEDLINE, opens a new window
- Middle Search Plus, opens a new window
- Military & Government Collection, opens a new window
- Primary Search, opens a new window
- Psychology And Behavioral Sciences Collection, opens a new window
- Regional Business News, opens a new window
- Religion And Philosophy Collection, opens a new window
- Science Reference Center, opens a new window
- SocINDEX With Full Text, opens a new window
- SPORTDiscus, opens a new window
- Vocational And Career Collection, opens a new window
Specializing in reliable content for students and teachers, Explora provides information from the world's leading magazines and reference books in the EBSCO databases. Browse categories organized by popular topic with overviews that provide a starting point for your research, or use the simple search that quickly delivers relevant results, including primary source documents, news articles, and Associated Press videos.
Fact Monster is a free reference site for students, teachers, and parents. Get homework help and find facts on thousands of subjects.
Literary criticism, author biographies and business resources. Includes Twayne's and Scribner. This resource requires a valid St. Tammany Parish Library card as a Login ID. This resource can be used at school for the 2020-2021 school year.
Gale In Context: Biography is an engaging online experience for those seeking contextual information on the world's most influential people. It merges Gale's authoritative reference content (including Lives & Perspectives) with periodicals and multimedia organized into a user-friendly portal experience while also allowing users to search for people based on name, occupation, nationality, ethnicity, birth/death dates and places, or gender as well as keyword and full text. This resource requires a valid St. Tammany Parish Library card as a Login ID. This resource can be used at school for the 2020-2021 school year.
Gale In Context: Elementary delivers trusted, age-appropriate digital content. Through newspaper and magazine articles, videos, images, and graphics, elementary students can learn about everything from animals and outer space to famous artists and favorite athletes. The database is visual and intuitive, and rewards students’ efforts by developing comprehension and research skills to prepare them for middle school—and a lifetime of learning. This resource can be used at school for the 2020-2021 school year.
EBSCO's History Reference Center offers full text from more than 1,620 reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books, cover to cover full text for more than 150 leading history periodicals, nearly 57,000 historical documents, more than 77,000 biographies of historical figures, more than 113,000 historical photos and maps, and more than 80 hours of historical video.
Designed specifically for high school libraries, this database contains full text for nearly 500 popular, high school magazines. MAS Ultra - School Edition also provides more than 360 full text reference books, 85,670 biographies, 105,786 primary source documents, and an Image Collection of over 502,000 photos, maps & flags, color PDFs and expanded full text backfiles (back to 1975) for key magazines.
Search through over 70 popular magazines for elementary school research with primary search. All full text articles contain lexile levels.
World Book Advanced is a powerful research tool that includes full encyclopedic and multimedia databases supplemented with online books, primary sources, website links, back in time articles, special reports, and more.
An encyclopedia designed for middle school and jr. high students, World Book Discover features easy to read articles and includes reading comprehension questions to help students focus on key concepts.
Browse a selection of World Book's acclaimed series of nonfiction titles in e-book format.