The Physical Review journal collection of 14 leading peer-reviewed research journals includes Physical Review Letters, Physical Review X, Physical Review, and Reviews of Modern Physics. They are provided by the American Physical Society (APS) which is a nonprofit membership organization working to advance the knowledge of physics.
Science & Technology
Hundreds of full color and black and white non-fiction downloadable e-books for ages preschool to 18.
Update your computer skills with this resource. Take self paced courses on a variety of popular software tools, including Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Design products, and more.
Over 550 reference e-books covering a wide variety of subjects.
This resource includes basic computer instructions, as well as email and social media courses.
EBSCOhost offers a variety of proprietary full text databases and popular databases from leading information providers:
- Academic Search Complete, opens a new window
- AHFS Consumer Medication Information, opens a new window
- Alt HealthWatch, opens a new window
- Audiobook Collection (EBSCOhost), opens a new window
- BIR Entertainment, opens a new window
- Book Collection: Nonfiction, opens a new window
- Book Index With Reviews, opens a new window
- Business Source Complete, opens a new window
- CINAHL, opens a new window
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost), opens a new window
- ERIC, opens a new window
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, opens a new window
- GreenFILE, opens a new window
- Health Source - Consumer Edition, opens a new window
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, opens a new window
- History Reference Center, opens a new window
- Humanities International Complete, opens a new window
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts, opens a new window
- MAS Ultra - School Edition, opens a new window
- MasterFILE Premier, opens a new window
- MEDLINE, opens a new window
- Middle Search Plus, opens a new window
- Military & Government Collection, opens a new window
- Primary Search, opens a new window
- Psychology And Behavioral Sciences Collection, opens a new window
- Regional Business News, opens a new window
- Religion And Philosophy Collection, opens a new window
- Science Reference Center, opens a new window
- SocINDEX With Full Text, opens a new window
- SPORTDiscus, opens a new window
- Vocational And Career Collection, opens a new window
Specializing in reliable content for students and teachers, Explora provides information from the world's leading magazines and reference books in the EBSCO databases. Browse categories organized by popular topic with overviews that provide a starting point for your research, or use the simple search that quickly delivers relevant results, including primary source documents, news articles, and Associated Press videos.
Fact Monster is a free reference site for students, teachers, and parents. Get homework help and find facts on thousands of subjects.
Gale Courses offers a wide range of highly interactive, instructor led courses that you can take entirely online. Courses run for six weeks and new sessions begin every month. Topics include:
- Accounting and Finance
- Computer Programs
- Healthcare and Medical
- Language and Arts
- Law and Legal
- Personal Development
- Teaching and Education
- Writing and Publishing
This resource requires a valid St. Tammany Parish Library card. This resource can be used at school for the 2020-2021 school year.
Literary criticism, author biographies and business resources. Includes Twayne's and Scribner. This resource requires a valid St. Tammany Parish Library card as a Login ID. This resource can be used at school for the 2020-2021 school year.
Gale In Context: Elementary delivers trusted, age-appropriate digital content. Through newspaper and magazine articles, videos, images, and graphics, elementary students can learn about everything from animals and outer space to famous artists and favorite athletes. The database is visual and intuitive, and rewards students’ efforts by developing comprehension and research skills to prepare them for middle school—and a lifetime of learning. This resource can be used at school for the 2020-2021 school year.
Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints covers today's hottest social issues, from capital punishment to immigration to marijuana. This research database is a rich resource for debaters and includes pro/con viewpoints, reference articles, interactive maps, infographics, and more. The content covers current events, news and commentary, economics, environmental issues, and political science. This resource requires a valid St. Tammany Parish Library card as a Login ID. This resource can be used at school for the 2020-2021 school year.
This resource provides tech tutorials and life skills lessons that are available for free.
EBSCO's GreenFILE provides well researched information about the human impact on the environment.
EBSCO's Home Improvement Reference Center is designed to assist homeowners in do-it-yourself home repair, maintenance, and remodeling projects. Step-by-step instructions for thousands of projects in the areas of plumbing, outdoor, woodworking, electrical, and decorating are provided in high-quality PDF files.
Provides free learning tools and lessons for kids from grades K-College.
A comprehensive interactive learning platform of tests, courses, software tutorials, and career preparation for students and adults. This resource includes:
- Adult Core Skills Center, opens a new window
- Career Preparation Center, opens a new window
- College Admission Test Preparation Center, opens a new window
- College Students Center, opens a new window
- Computer Skills Center, opens a new window
- High School Equivalency Center, opens a new window
- Job & Career Accelerator, opens a new window
- Recursos Para Hispanohablantes, opens a new window
- School Center, opens a new window
- Student Success Skills Center, opens a new window
Miss Humblebee’s Academy is a fun and interactive online kindergarten-readiness learning tool for children ages 3 to 6. With hundreds of lessons in Math, Science and Social Studies, Language and Literacy, Art, and Music, the curriculum increases in difficulty as the user progresses through the program. Parents can track their child’s learning outcomes through weekly progress reports that are emailed and available online 24/7.
Miss Humblebee’s Academy can be used at the library, home, or on-the-go via smart phones, iPads, and tablets. Approximately twenty percent of the curriculum is available offline in the form of printables and practice worksheets.
Search through over 70 popular magazines for elementary school research with primary search. All full text articles contain lexile levels.
This collection of ebooks offers information on a variety of topics, including health, history, and science.
Scholastic Go! is the most comprehensive source of nonfiction content targeted for grades 3 and up. This resource will be available until February 22nd. Looking for other digital resources for kids? Try Gale Elementary: https://www.sttammanylibrary.org/resource/gale-in-context-elementary/, opens a new window.
Science fair project ideas
EBSCO's Science Reference Center is a comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full text science-oriented content. This database contains full text for nearly 640 science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, etc. Topics covered include: biology, chemistry, earth & space science, environmental science, health & medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science & society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife.
SocINDEX with Full Text is the world's most comprehensive and highest quality sociology research database. The database features more than 2,066,400 records with subject headings from a 19,750+ term sociological thesaurus designed by subject experts and expert lexicographers. SocINDEX with Full Text contains full text for 777 journals dating back to 1908. This database also includes full text for more than 820 books and monographs, and full text for 13,947 conference papers.
World Book Advanced is a powerful research tool that includes full encyclopedic and multimedia databases supplemented with online books, primary sources, website links, back in time articles, special reports, and more.
An encyclopedia designed for middle school and jr. high students, World Book Discover features easy to read articles and includes reading comprehension questions to help students focus on key concepts.
Browse a selection of World Book's acclaimed series of nonfiction titles in e-book format.
Learn about people, places, animals, sports, and more. Includes videos, images, maps, and games.
This comprehensive database includes engaging content, built-in features, and fun tools specifically designed to make knowledge accessible and easy-to-find for all kids in elementary through middle school.