We're delighted that you'd like to join the library!
To get a library card, you can apply online or visit any branch of the library. Make sure you bring along a photo ID and a proof of address such as a utility bill or voter registration card in your name.
Children can get a library card when they turn five and won't need to show a photo ID and proof of address, but will need to bring a parent or legal guardian with identification along to get a card.
Library cards are free for St. Tammany residents getting their first card. Out-of-parish residents can get a card for a $30 annual fee.
With a library card you can:
- Check out books, audiobooks, DVDs, CDs, and magazines.
- Download eBooks, eAudiobooks, movies, TV shows, music albums and magazines.
- Do online research from home with our online library.
- Access your account online to request and renew materials.
- Suggest that the library buy new items.
We hope to see you soon!