When the St. Tammany Parish Library doesn't own an item that you'd like to borrow, we can try to borrow it from another library system through InterLibrary Loan. This service is free.
For more information about InterLibrary Loan, view the policy, opens a new window.
STPL offers two avenues for InterLibrary Loan requests: You can complete the form below, or you may choose to search the databases of other libraries in the classic catalog, opens a new window and request to borrow the item through InterLibrary Loan in the classic catalog. Instructions on how to search in the classic catalog are here.
"*" indicates required fields
To search the databases of other libraries in the classic catalog follow these steps:
- Visit the classic catalog, opens a new window and click on "Select Databases"
- Select Public Libraries and Vendors
- Click Set Databases
- Perform Search and Click Request It
- Log into your account.
- Select the library you'd like to pick the item up and click Submit Request
- Click Continue to confirm that you want to place the InterLibrary Loan.
- Congratulations! Your InterLibrary Loan request has been placed!