- AHFS Consumer Medication Information is a trusted source and recognized standard for patient drug information, available in both English and Spanish. AHFS has been a Top Ten Award Winner in the Department of Health and Human Services National Consumer Education Materials Contest.
Health & Medicine
Search over 180 international journals and reports about holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness.
CINAHL is the authoritative resource for nursing and allied health professionals, students, educators and researchers. This database provides indexing for 2,960 journals from the fields of nursing and allied health. The database contains more than 2,000,000 records dating back to 1981.
Convenient access to easily understandable health and medical information from EBSCO. Search and browse within medical encyclopedias, popular reference books, and magazine articles.
EBSCOhost offers a variety of proprietary full text databases and popular databases from leading information providers:
- Academic Search Complete, opens a new window
- AHFS Consumer Medication Information, opens a new window
- Alt HealthWatch, opens a new window
- Audiobook Collection (EBSCOhost), opens a new window
- BIR Entertainment, opens a new window
- Book Collection: Nonfiction, opens a new window
- Book Index With Reviews, opens a new window
- Business Source Complete, opens a new window
- CINAHL, opens a new window
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost), opens a new window
- ERIC, opens a new window
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, opens a new window
- GreenFILE, opens a new window
- Health Source - Consumer Edition, opens a new window
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, opens a new window
- History Reference Center, opens a new window
- Humanities International Complete, opens a new window
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts, opens a new window
- MAS Ultra - School Edition, opens a new window
- MasterFILE Premier, opens a new window
- MEDLINE, opens a new window
- Middle Search Plus, opens a new window
- Military & Government Collection, opens a new window
- Primary Search, opens a new window
- Psychology And Behavioral Sciences Collection, opens a new window
- Regional Business News, opens a new window
- Religion And Philosophy Collection, opens a new window
- Science Reference Center, opens a new window
- SocINDEX With Full Text, opens a new window
- SPORTDiscus, opens a new window
- Vocational And Career Collection, opens a new window
Gale Courses offers a wide range of highly interactive, instructor led courses that you can take entirely online. Courses run for six weeks and new sessions begin every month. Topics include:
- Accounting and Finance
- Computer Programs
- Healthcare and Medical
- Language and Arts
- Law and Legal
- Personal Development
- Teaching and Education
- Writing and Publishing
This resource requires a valid St. Tammany Parish Library card. This resource can be used at school for the 2020-2021 school year.
Literary criticism, author biographies and business resources. Includes Twayne's and Scribner. This resource requires a valid St. Tammany Parish Library card as a Login ID. This resource can be used at school for the 2020-2021 school year.
Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints covers today's hottest social issues, from capital punishment to immigration to marijuana. This research database is a rich resource for debaters and includes pro/con viewpoints, reference articles, interactive maps, infographics, and more. The content covers current events, news and commentary, economics, environmental issues, and political science. This resource requires a valid St. Tammany Parish Library card as a Login ID. This resource can be used at school for the 2020-2021 school year.
This database is the richest collection of consumer health information available to libraries worldwide, providing information on many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health. Health Source: Consumer Edition provides access to nearly 80 full text, consumer health magazines.
This database provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition also features the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
MEDLINE provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. Created by the National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE uses MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) indexing with tree, tree hierarchy, subheadings and explosion capabilities to search citations from over 4,800 current biomedical journals.
Find information on medical topics, symptoms, conditions, and more. This information is provided by the Merck Manual, a reference book for physicians and pharmacists. Content is split between the professional version and the consumer version, which is written in everyday language.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH), a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the nation’s medical research agency — making important discoveries that improve health and save lives.
Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection is a comprehensive database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods. This is the world's largest full text psychology database offering full text coverage for nearly 560 journals.
This collection of ebooks offers information on a variety of topics, including health, history, and science.
Consumer Health Complete - Spanish Edition
Offers comprehensive coverage of sports and fitness related topics.
The Public Health (PH) program works with nonprofit organizations to provide wellness, behavioral health, and suicide prevention services to the residents of St. Tammany Parish.
The Teen Resource Center provides practical information for today's teens. Engaging, easy-to-access topics are grouped into the three broad areas of health, financial literacy, and personal growth. In addition to authoritative coverage of the top issues facing teens today, the Teen Resource Center serves up links to support groups, hotlines, and a searchable database of FAQs complete with helpful, real-world answers.