Submit your work to be part of the Creative Writing Showcase!
Chosen works will be presented in the Creative Writing Showcase during the Fall Concert Series presented by the Friends of the Slidell Library in September. Dates of those events will be posted on the Library’s website.
- Submit a written piece of up to 280 words in 18 pt. font.
- Longer submissions are allowed but a 280 excerpt is required. Up to 1000 words can be submitted as an additional attachment.
- All genres welcome (poetry, prose, creative nonfiction, etc.)
- Content should be appropriate for all ages.
- Submitter must be the author of the work submitted
- No previously published pieces and excerpts from other authors
- Suspected AI-generated pieces will be dismissed
- Optional: Submitters can include their photo to be included with their work.
Fill out the below form and upload your writing by August 12. Don't miss this opportunity to share your creativity with our vibrant community!
*Please note: Due to space and time constraints, we may not be able to display all submitted works. However, we greatly appreciate your contribution and will do our best to showcase a diverse range of creative works from our community.
Community Writing Showcase
"*" indicates required fields