SUMMER READING CHALLENGE FOR TEENS AGES 12-18
ENDS AUGUST 7
CLICK ON UNCLE SAM TO SIGN UP ONLINE ON OUR BEANSTACK READING CHALLENGE PAGE!
Your challenge this summer is to earn 720 points by reading and completing fun library activities like attending events and visiting libraries.
Go ahead - It's easy as 1-2-3!
READING CHALLENGE GUIDELINES
1. SIGN UP
- For a Beanstack account. You can log reading minutes, earn activity badges AND get a mini-notebook OR a set of earbuds just for signing up! (pick up at your favorite branch on your next visit.) Don't forget to download the Beanstack app for easy logging.
- For events - just for teens! Enjoy virtual workshops and other fun surprises!
- And while you're at it, make sure you sign up for a library card if you don't have one. You will need one to checkout and/or download the latest books, music, videos, comic books, etc.
2. READ, LOG, REPEAT
- We challenge you to read at least 20 minutes every day this summer. Required reading for school counts - so does magazines, audiobooks, and reading to your siblings!
- Earn a point for every minute you read (and more points for completing activities). 720 reading points wins you an entry into three random drawings for a $50 gift card to the St. Tammany Parish retailer of your choice.
3. FIND GREAT BOOKS
Be sure to visit the library's Summer Reading Challenge page for additional information!
A SUMMER OF TEEN EVENTS
The Teen Department has planned a fun summer of events - from writing your own tales (Creative Writing Workshop on Monday Tales), cooking (Tasty Tuesdays), art with our artist-in-residence Mrs. Jen (Watercolor Wednesdays) to our thrilling Take OUT Thursdays - We can't wait to see you!
Space is limited, so be sure to register online for these FREE events. Click below for a downloadable Teen Calendar of Events