Social Studies, History, and Biographies
Contains 202 world city travel guides. These beautifully illustrated and up-to-date guides cover travel essentials, attractions, insiders' information, excursions, nightlife, shopping, culture, cuisine, restaurants, health, security, language, maps, hotels, and lots more.
EBSCO's comprehensive collection of more than 450,000 full text biographies, including the complete full text run of Biography Today and Biography Magazine, as well as thousands of narrative biographies that are not available in other databases.
Hundreds of full color and black and white non-fiction downloadable e-books for ages preschool to 18.
Dictionary of Literary Biography Complete Online provides more than 16,000 biographical and critical essays on the lives, works, and careers of the world's most influential literary figures from all eras and genres. Comprised of the award-winning Dictionary of Literary Biography series, which over its 30-year history has been dedicated to making literature and its creators better understood and more accessible to students and interested readers, DLB Complete Online includes the DLB main series, the DLB Documentary Series, and the DLB Yearbook Series - all delivered in an easy-to-use 24/7 online format that matches the exact look and feel of the print originals.
EBSCOhost offers a variety of proprietary full text databases and popular databases from leading information providers:
- Academic Search Complete, opens a new window
- AHFS Consumer Medication Information, opens a new window
- Alt HealthWatch, opens a new window
- Audiobook Collection (EBSCOhost), opens a new window
- BIR Entertainment, opens a new window
- Book Collection: Nonfiction, opens a new window
- Book Index With Reviews, opens a new window
- Business Source Complete, opens a new window
- CINAHL, opens a new window
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost), opens a new window
- ERIC, opens a new window
- Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, opens a new window
- GreenFILE, opens a new window
- Health Source - Consumer Edition, opens a new window
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, opens a new window
- History Reference Center, opens a new window
- Humanities International Complete, opens a new window
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts, opens a new window
- MAS Ultra - School Edition, opens a new window
- MasterFILE Premier, opens a new window
- MEDLINE, opens a new window
- Middle Search Plus, opens a new window
- Military & Government Collection, opens a new window
- Primary Search, opens a new window
- Psychology And Behavioral Sciences Collection, opens a new window
- Regional Business News, opens a new window
- Religion And Philosophy Collection, opens a new window
- Science Reference Center, opens a new window
- SocINDEX With Full Text, opens a new window
- SPORTDiscus, opens a new window
- Vocational And Career Collection, opens a new window
Specializing in reliable content for students and teachers, Explora provides information from the world's leading magazines and reference books in the EBSCO databases. Browse categories organized by popular topic with overviews that provide a starting point for your research, or use the simple search that quickly delivers relevant results, including primary source documents, news articles, and Associated Press videos.
Literary criticism, author biographies and business resources. Includes Twayne's and Scribner. This resource requires a valid St. Tammany Parish Library card as a Login ID. This resource can be used at school for the 2020-2021 school year.
Gale In Context: Biography is an engaging online experience for those seeking contextual information on the world's most influential people. It merges Gale's authoritative reference content (including Lives & Perspectives) with periodicals and multimedia organized into a user-friendly portal experience while also allowing users to search for people based on name, occupation, nationality, ethnicity, birth/death dates and places, or gender as well as keyword and full text. This resource requires a valid St. Tammany Parish Library card as a Login ID. This resource can be used at school for the 2020-2021 school year.
Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints covers today's hottest social issues, from capital punishment to immigration to marijuana. This research database is a rich resource for debaters and includes pro/con viewpoints, reference articles, interactive maps, infographics, and more. The content covers current events, news and commentary, economics, environmental issues, and political science. This resource requires a valid St. Tammany Parish Library card as a Login ID. This resource can be used at school for the 2020-2021 school year.
Gale Power Search allows you to search through 1,000 of magazines, journals, newspapers, and other content available through multiple Gale databases. This resource provides a variety of credible, up-to-date information from the following sources:
- Academic OneFile
- Gale eBooks
- Gale In Context: Biography
- Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints
- General OneFile
- Scribner Writer Series
- Twayne's Authors Series
This resource requires a valid St. Tammany Parish Library card as a Login ID. This resource can be used at school for the 2020-2021 school year.
In-depth cultural, business, and travel information on 175 countries, including maps, points of interests, security briefings, popular recipes, and language dictionaries and videos.
EBSCO's History Reference Center offers full text from more than 1,620 reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books, cover to cover full text for more than 150 leading history periodicals, nearly 57,000 historical documents, more than 77,000 biographies of historical figures, more than 113,000 historical photos and maps, and more than 80 hours of historical video.
News-2-You is available on the public computers at the Causeway, Covington, Madisonville, Mandeville, Slidell, and South Slidell branches. This resource is a weekly interactive online current events newspaper for people with complex learning needs (unique learners, struggling readers, and English Language learners for example) at their individual, age-appropriate levels to allow them to broaden their horizons with high-interest nonfiction. In order to access this resource, you must visit one of the St. Tammany Parish Library branches listed above and speak with a librarian.
Reading, writing, social studies, and math practice test and courses available for grades K-12.
World Book Advanced is a powerful research tool that includes full encyclopedic and multimedia databases supplemented with online books, primary sources, website links, back in time articles, special reports, and more.
Online version of the renowned encyclopedia.
Available in French and Spanish.
The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities. Our Reference tab includes: maps of the major world regions, as well as Flags of the World, a Physical Map of the World, a Political Map of the World, a World Oceans map, and a Standard Time Zones of the World map.