MAY 20 - JULY 30
Children Ages 0-11 Years Old
- You can sign up for the Summer Reading Challenge anytime beginning May 20. The challenge ends on July 30.
- You can register at any of our branches or online using our Beanstack app.
- When you register you receive a reading log and a Beach Ball! These can be picked up at any branch.
- We are challenging kids 0-11 years old to read for 720 minutes this summer.
- You can read on your own, have someone read to you, or a combination of both.
- Read whatever you want: books, graphic novels, magazines, audiobooks, ebooks...it all counts!
- You can track your time using our paper reading log or our Beanstack app.
- When you have completed the reading challenge, you may collect your certificate of achievement and your prize at any of our branches.
- The completion prize is a drawstring backpack.
- If you complete your challenge online in Beanstack, your name will be put into a drawing for a grand prize.
PIN CLUB CHALLENGE
Additional Reading Challenge for Ages 6-11 Years Old
- Children ages 6-11 have the option to complete the Pin Club Challenge by reading books in 6 different categories.
- This challenge is online only using our Beanstack app.
- Sign up and earn a lanyard.
- Read 5 books in a category and earn a pin.
- Complete all 6 categories and earn a completion badge AND your name will be put into the grand prize raffle.
WEEKLY CHALLENGE ACTIVITY BADGES
Beanstack Activities for Ages 0-11 Years Old
- Children ages 0-11 have the option to complete online Activity Badges in our Beanstack app.
- The activities will include: attending library programs, outside fun, trivia, drawing,and much more!
- Complete 5 activities in a badge and earn a trip to the Treasure Chest at your favorite library branch AND your name will be put in a drawing for a chance to win a weekly prize.
SUMMER READING EVENTS
- This summer will be filled with 6 weeks of "fin-tastic" in-person and virtual events.
- Events begin on May 31 and end on July 9.
- Events will include Storytime, Full STEAM Ahead (for ages 8 to 11), Family Programs, and Special Guests.
- For the most updated event information, visit our Events Calendar.
- Events can also be found in our Summer Reading Bulletin which can be picked up at any branch beginning on May 20th.